Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Poster

This poster, and a poster of Red Cloud, were given to John Tally and I many years ago at KBOO because of the work we do with our radio shows, "Mitakuye Oyasin" and "Indian World" and I believe a poster of Spotted Tail was given to Spider Moccasin. These posters used to hang in the old Indian school off of 23rd and Burnside in NW in the '70's. I don't remember who it was that gave them to us. I sometimes find myself staring at the details of this poster. Today, I got a wild hair to do a photo shoot of it. The last photo was done with a flash. I didn't like the coloring plus there was a mysterious white streak probably from a reflective surface on the poster. I put that in just for the heck of it. We need more leaders like Sitting Bull. Maybe they're amongst us and we don't know.